Latest Storm Update
Alabama Power employees are focused on restoring electric service as quickly and as safely as possible when bad weather strikes. We are currently monitoring weather events and encourage customers to be safe.
Please find below some information that may be helpful to customers affected by severe weather:
- Reporting an outage: Call our automated outage reporting line at 1-800-888-2726. It is the fastest way to report an outage, any time of the day or night. Customers can also report outages online via their computers or compatible mobile devices.
- Safety information: View tips about how to stay safe before, during and after the storm.
- Social media: We will send periodic updates about storm-related outages, safety tips and other useful information via Twitter and Facebook.
When a storm threatens, Alabama Power readies its Storm Center to support advance preparation, damage assessment and power restoration.
The center coordinates the actions of our employees in storm restoration efforts as well as crews from sister companies within Southern Company and other neighboring utilities.
Storm Center functions:
- Monitor weather and stage crews in advance of storms
- Collect damage information
- Coordinate crew movements in Alabama and among other companies
- Coordinate corporate support and damage assessment teams
- Serve as a communication center for media, Alabama Emergency Management Agency and other organizations
- Synchronize with Customer Service