Lab & Field Services
Your go-to solution for field support and analytical testing needs
Meeting today’s environmental compliance challenges requires a dedicated team of experts who can provide you with fast, innovative and cost-effective solutions. Our Lab & Field Services team offers the analytical studies and support to help you meet regulatory obligations as well as keep your facility running and operating smoothly. Services include:
- Assessing the efficiency and health of your equipment, so you can make informed decisions
- Providing regulatory sampling, reporting and custom data analysis for contract specification verification and to ensure you’re compliant with environmental regulations
- Testing the quality of your materials, so you’re getting what you paid for
- Performing environmental studies needed for expansion or new construction plans
- Providing equipment calibration and operations support, so you’re always running at optimal conditions
The Competitive Advantage
Our experience and expertise are key reasons why customers call on us, but it’s our personal service that’s unmatched.
Our team employs about 70 staff members who are recognized leaders in environmental field support and analytical testing. They have diverse backgrounds as chemists, biologists, engineers, environmental scientists and electronic and data specialists.
As subject matter experts in both technical and industrial processes, we have the credentials to back up our experience in all facets of our business:
- Laboratory is ISO 17025 compliant and our water chemistry section is accredited through the National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP)
- Water Field group is ISO 17025 compliant and a TNI (The NELAC Institute) accredited Field Sampling and Measurement Organization (FSMO) through the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA, certificate #4117.01)
- Air Field Group is accredited as an Air Emission Testing Body (AETB)[WV1]
Our customers are at the center of everything we do. We place a priority on building relationships with each customer and making ourselves easily accessible and available for emergency analytical needs, including after hours and weekends if necessary. It’s that drive that’s earned us a reputation for quick turnaround times and one reason why we continue to receive outstanding customer satisfaction ratings on annual independent surveys.
What accreditations do you hold?
APC General Test Lab’s quality system is ISO 17025 compliant and our water chemistry section is accredited through the National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP).
Our Water Field Group (WFG – Water Field Services and Compliance Studies) is an accredited Field Sampling & Measurement Organization (FSMO, A2LA Certificate #4117.01). Our Air Field Services Group is a 40 CFR Part 75 Air Emissions Testing Body (AETB) that uses ASTM D-7036-04 certification procedures.
Does your group offer sample pickup and delivery to the lab?
We offer free scheduled pickup of samples across the state of Alabama. Unscheduled pickup requests will be subject to additional charges.
Does your laboratory provide rush analysis of samples?
Our laboratory provides rush analysis for many different sample groups, particularly Transformer Oil analysis. Please contact us to determine the availability of a rush analysis request.
What is your normal work schedule?
The laboratory and the electronics and data groups normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST with availability after hours and weekends for rush work or if needed per customer requirements and/or contract.
The field services normal work schedule is Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CST with availability after hours and weekends for rush work or if needed per customer requirement and/or contract.
Can your group collect and analyze regulatory samples?
Yes. We can collect and analyze per your facility discharge permit requirements or any other regulatory sampling requirement. Our team is experienced and accredited in proper grab and composite sampling techniques.
Can your group make accurate field measurements at our facility?
Yes. We have calibrated and verified instrumentation for accurately measuring pH, specific conductivity, temperature, dissolved oxygen (DO), Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP), and turbidity in the field. These measurements are strongly defensible, that is, traceable to ISO/IEC 17025 and 17034 certified standards.