Business Rates & Pricing
Rules & Regulations
Alabama Power Company is an electric utility company regulated by the Alabama Public Service Commission.
Alabama Power's Schedule of Service Regulations and Rates for Electric Services in the State of Alabama was originally filed with the Alabama Public Service Commission on December 10, 1920, in accordance with Section 25 of the Alabama Public Utility Act of 1920.
In addition, the company operates under special rules governing the application of the following rates and rate riders:
- Rate PAE (Purchase of Alternate Energy) For more information e-mail us.
- Rate Rider RGB (Supplementary, Back-up or Maintenance Power)
- Rate Riders RSE and CNP (Rate Stabilization and Equalization Factor and Certificated New Plant)
- Rate SLM (Public Street and Highway Lighting)
- Rate TS (Traffic Signal Service)
- Rate TST (Thermal Storage - Time-of-Use)
Alabama Power Company operates under the following rules and regulations of the Alabama PSC: