DET - Duct & Envelope Tightness Training
This two-day course is designed to introduce the skills necessary to become a Duct and Envelope Tightness (DET) Verifier, certified to perform the diagnostic testing required for new homes by the 2009 IRC/IECC with Alabama amendments.
Online math course must be completed prior to attending. Details given at registration.
To register, call 1-800-634-0154
Did you know?
- 2009 Alabama Energy & Residential Code went into effect October 1st, 2012 AERC Manual
- Duct tightness testing required on all new ductwork and R-8 insulation for all ducts in attics required as of October 1st, 2016
- Supplemental heat control for heat pumps is required after
- Alabama Power's HVAC Training Center offers DET Certification training
- An online math course must be completed prior to attending the DET certification class
- The website to the math course is http://www.builderuniversity.org
- Cost of DET Training is $600
- 76% or above grade is required on a practical exam for certification
Other Resources: ADECA