Energy Evaluation & Audits
Alabama Power offers a number of energy audits and evaluations for our large industrial customers. Energy evaluation can be a powerful tool for streamlining your operation. A professional audit by our team of energy experts can identify and highlight problem areas as well as opportunities for solutions that save money and increase energy efficiency.
Level One Facility Energy Audit
- General walk through of the facility to identify energy consumption of various processes.
- Deliverables include a 2–3 energy projects to be utilized in a Level Two Energy Audit.
Level Two Facility Energy Audit
- Evaluation of customer processes and projects through measurement such as total energy consumption, energy intensity per component, and waste heat stream.
- Deliverables include a business case for modifications.
Vendor Network Review
- Based on audit findings, APC will help conduct a vendor review for procurement and installation of recommended programs and equipment.
Compressed Air Leak Detection Audit
- Compressed air can be the most expensive utility a manufacturing facility has on site. This audit will identify opportunities for ongoing maintenance.
- Alabama Power will perform up to a half-day on-site survey using ultrasonic technology to identify and tag air leaks.
Deliverables include identification of leaks and estimated related energy costs.
- Can be added to Level One or Two audits
- Identifies savings in lighting types and controls
- Deliverables include light-replacement company recommendations based on customer’s specific needs
Process Efficiency Audit or Survey
Review of current or proposed process to identify and develop solutions related to:
- Production Bottlenecks
- Energy / Environmental Intensity
Existing Network Resources
Alabama Power collaborates with these companies and organizations routinely to aid customers in identifying solutions:
Ready for an energy evaluation? Specialized teams of experts are on-hand to answer your questions. Contact an account representative today.