Help a Teacher. Help a Kid.
Give $5 for going paperless
Sign up for paperless billing on your Alabama Power account, and we’ll give your favorite teacher a $5 gift card that they can use for school supplies.
How do you sign up?
Change your “Bill Delivery” option to “Paperless” in the “Alerts & Communications” section of your online account to enroll in paperless billing. Anyone who signs up for paperless billing before October 16 will be eligible for this program.
Teachers can choose from these gift cards and many more!
How it works
- Everyone who signs up for paperless billing before October 16 will be able to give a $5 gift card to a teacher of their choice. Here’s how to send your gift:
- Log into your online account (need to create an account?), and go to the “Alerts & Communications” under “My Profile”
- Select “Paperless” under “Bill Delivery” options, and select the email address you want to receive them at
- You’ll receive an email with details on how the process works, and giving you a place to provide contact information for the teacher
- The teacher you selected will receive instructions on how to redeem the gift card, and will be able to choose which store they would like the gift card from
- Within a few weeks the teacher will get their gift card in the mail
Don’t have an online account?
It’s super easy to sign up for one to enroll in paperless billing, and give $5 to a teacher of your choice. Manage your account from anywhere when you sign up today. You can enroll by either using your past bill, or by providing your name, zip code, and the last four of your social security number.