Builders & Developers
Building Electric Homes
To meet growing consumer demand for energy efficiency, more and more residential contractors are building all-electric. It not only satisfies homebuyers, it has all kinds of advantages for the builder.
- Flexible installation. All-electric means you have total flexibility in locating major appliances, heating and air systems and water heaters without worrying about pipe placement.
- Less time and effort. You can completely bypass the time-consuming steps of installing gas piping and flues, hooking up gas and checking for proper installation and venting.
- Simple inspection. Without piping and flues to inspect, it takes less time for building inspectors to pass your homes for sale.
- Fast to market. The time you save means you can have each home completed and sold faster – for a faster return on your investment.
- Easy sale. Homebuyers are alarmed by today’s volatile energy prices. An all-electric home assures them of lower annual energy costs and more stable monthly bills.
Do you build new single-family homes?
Click on one of the links below for additional information.
Home Program for Builders – Building a new house in our service territory, check out our incentives for builders.
Products and Services for New Home Builders – Learn more about energy efficient heat pumps and electric water heaters, as well as appliances and billing products.