If you’re looking for a tasty new treat out these pecan squares! With a crisp crust and sweet pecan topping, this is the perfect snack for any occasion.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 ½ Karo light syrup
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 T butter, melted
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups pecans shelled halves
- Mix all ingredients for crust.
- Grease a 13x18 Jelly Roll pan.
- Press crust ingredients into pan.
- Cover entire pan make as a uniform thickness as possible.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 24 minutes.
- Mix ingredients for filling in separate bowl. After crust is baked- add the filling to the top of the crust
- Bake at 350 degrees for an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Use pizza cutter to cut into 2 x 2 squares. Enjoy!
We’d love to feature your “Pecan Squares” on our social feeds! Drop a picture or a video of your plate of Pecan Squares in the comments on our Facebook page to be featured!
Recipe by: David Busby, Leeds, Alabama